Here I am sketched rocking the Kylie Bootie $99 with a peplum skirt looking Oh So Cute!
I LovvvVVvvE make up and when it comes to contouring your face, this illustration is totally on point. The idea is to sculpt with various shades of foundation, blush, concealers, bronzers, illuminators and/ or highlighters so that when light hits your face, it appears as if your cheekbones are higher, eyes brighter, your nose somewhat chiseled and your complexion glowing.
OK, I’m digging in my make up bag (which truly needs to be organized) below are all of the products I currently have and use alllllllll the time:
– Cover Girl Clean Foundation in Tawny….I mix with other color foundations to get a perfect match
– NYX Liquid Illuminator in Gleam….I put this on my cheek bone, it creates that J-Lo dewey shimmery look
– Ben Nye Luxury Loose Powder in Banana….I found it locally at a costume shop, Celebs go crazy over it
– MAC Powder Blush in Blunt Matte
– Nicka K New York Bronzer in Bronze Chocolate….LUV IT, gives you the South Beach tanned and golden look
– Kiss New York Ultra Cover Stick Foundation in Beige….I only put under and on my eyelid as a concealer
– MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC45….the BEST… if I had to choose My #1 All Time Fave this would be it, hands down!
– MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze
I usually stick to what I like and have all used these products for years. I pick and choose which foundation, concealer, and powder to put on depending upon look I’m going for……Ladies, it’s Trial & Error, period! Just because a make up brand is expensive doesn’t mean it’s the best, some of my favorite foundations, lipsticks, shadows, glosses and liners are El Cheapos. If you are not sure about color matching products for your skin (a major headache) that’s okay, just buy make up from drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid, & Walgreens who usually have a return policy with the original receipt.
What are your BEAT FACE Must Haves?
For some reason I wanted pancakes at 2:00pm on a Sunday afternoon. Backtrack, not just “any” pancakes but ones from iHop….OM freakin’ G…those are major.
Mind you, while getting dressed today, like every day, I’m struggling to find clothes that fit since I gained a few extra pounds the past year and refuse to buy larger size clothes. No ma’am!
I have purposely let myself suffer looking at my cute size 8/9 pieces hanging in my closet hoping deep in my soul that they haven’t gotten to the end of their road.
Yes, me being at iHop is totally out of order and I know flat out that I’m dead wrong.
Note to self: Start dieting tomorrrow
Entertainment, News and Lifestyle for African Americans
A blog about beauty, style, shoes, fashion and lifestyle
Simple yet effective ways to take care of natural hair.
Hair. Business. Faith. Fitness. Culture. Politics
Opinions, Musings, and Creative Works of An Inspiring Writer
A Christian Woman's Outlook on Life
Thoughts and opinions of a magazine journalist.